Thursday, November 4, 2010

Personal Learning Network (PLN)

I have found that developing a personal learning network (PLN) to be very beneficial. I have had the opportunity to follow many teachers and educational blogs, see what people are "tweeting" about and to bookmark different websites and resources all in one area using 'Delicous'. I have found that Delicious has been the tool that I use the most because it is so easy to save websites in one area and search for them by looking up their 'tags'. I have been using 'my Delicous' to look up websites and different resources for many classes and am constantly adding more to it. I feel like I have made a connection with the educational world by exploring and developing a PLN and believe that I have learned about how much more information and resources are out there for me to find and use to help with my teaching and how I can help others with the different concepts and technologies I have learned about. The only downfall of the PLN is that it is hard to keep up with all the blogs and all the tweets on top of my regular routines and jobs. There are so many people that I am following on Twitter that I have not been able to read their tweets because they write so many and with a lot of people tweeting multiple times a day it is very hard to read every single one. Twitter in general has been hard for me to get used to, really learning how to use it and how to use it in an effective way. So the only downfall I have found with developing and using a PLN is keeping up with all the different ways of communication and following everyone that could be and has been very important with learning new teaching skills and working different concepts into my own teaching. By learning to get used to using my PLN and how to use it in the most effective way I feel like it will be very beneficial for the rest of my teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment