Friday, November 12, 2010

Google Docs

I have used Google Docs before in one of my TE classes and i thought it was kind of annoying. I was annoyed because there were a lot of us trying to use one set of documents at once and the computers were moving extra slow, so it was causing a back up. This time when I used Google Docs it went a lot smoother and I was able to experience a real sense of how it works. I was a little frustrated by the fact that my document kept wanting to save and sometimes the program didn't pick up every letter I was typing, but other than that small inconvenience I have found Google Docs to be very beneficial and interesting. I would suggest using this to write a group paper or to work on a project together instead of people trying to find a time in their busy schedule for everyone in the group to meet. This way a bunch of people could work on the document on their own time and people would not have to be sitting right next to each other to get the assignment completed. I also think that this would take off some pressure of people who are nervous to express their ideas to a group. This was they can express their thoughts in a document and not be nervous to speak their ideas out loud. Google Docs can also be a way for a bunch of people to edit someone else's paper without having to print off multiple copies. I can think of a thousand of other ways that Google Docs can be used and I feel like many of these ideas can be implemented in the classroom as well. I see this being used more in the upper elementary or higher. Google docs could be a way for students to communicate with students from other schools, states or even countries to see how the types of papers or projects they are working on are related to the other student's work. This could be a way for students among an entire school district to collaborate on a large project to help better their community. There is an endless amount of opportunities for Google Docs in the classroom and I feel like a lot of amazing and large projects/ideas will come alive through this application.

No comments:

Post a Comment