Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hello Blogging World!!

So, I've always wanted to start a blog and my CEP 416 class has given me the perfect opportunity to try it out. My name is Devin and I am a senior at Michigan State University (Go Green!). I am majoring in Elementary Education with a focus in Math and Geography. My goal is to teach middle school math someday and to also coach a sports team, preferably softball or volleyball.
I am what you might like to call technology challenged. I'm not the best with computers and I even have difficulty with copy machines sometimes, but I am willing and eager to learn. I am on the internet a lot and understand how to use google and facebook, but other things such as twitter, blogs, skype and other popular sites. I have taken some computer classes in high school to become better with powerpoint, microsoft word and excel, but I don't remember how to use these tools to their fullest extent. I want to get better with technology and understand how to use it because I know that technology is a huge part of our generation. I want to be able to be one of those teachers that excites students by using technology in the classroom and not be the teacher who can't get the DVD player to work. I really hope through this class I learn how to use many types of technologies, websites and tools to make my classroom more versatile and exciting. I am willing to try and really explore each type of technology we use and figure out in what ways I can use it in my classroom. I hope this blog is a good start to understanding how to use technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment