Friday, August 23, 2013

My First Classroom!!

Well, so much has happened in the last few weeks and I haven't had time to stay updated! To start the story, I was going to an interview in Brighton for a middle school math position and on my way home I got a call from the principal of the school that I had the 4th grade position. I didn't hear my phone so he left a message offering me a Kindergarten position at their school! I didn't even have to interview! With the way my luck has been going I decided to take the job : ) I went in about a week later to talk with the principal and looked into my room.... and this is what I walked into









Everywhere you looked there was stuff! Furniture, books, tables, chairs, toys, trash, lost clothes; you name it, you could find it in that room. My first thought was, "Oh my goodness. This is going to take a looooong time to sift through". Then I thought, "Well at least I will have some stuff to fill up my room". I checked out the other kindergarten classroom to get some ideas and make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. It was ready to go. It looked like students could walk in that day. I was pretty optimistic, but I did not think it would take a full week to get my room into working shape.

The first thing I did was sifted through all of the stuff. That literally took me a full day to go through. The next day my mom came in and we moved furniture, cleaned all of the stuff and started to organize things to where I think they should go. My mom was so much help this week. I literally could not have done this without her. On Wednesday, we worked on details and adding things that all classrooms should have. Thursday, I had two meetings so I went in on my own and stayed until 6 o'clock working on more details. And then we get to today. We finally were able to decorate the room, so that now people know it is an ocean theme and I think it looks amazing.












I give mad props to my mom who made the cool looking jellyfish, which determine the table colors and doing the background of all the bulletin boards. As I said before, I couldn't have done it without her.

So we completed this all in 5 days. Not too shabby I would say. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment