Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cell Phones in the Classroom?

Today in church our campus in Lake Orion streamed live into the campus at Troy to watch a message. This was really cool to experience, but the best thing was throughout the message we could text questions to the people that were onstage and they could read them on an iPad. This got me thinking about how you could do this same thing in a classroom! I could see this happening in high schools or middle schools. I was thinking that students could text in questions to the teacher instead of raising their hand and the teacher could answer these questions throughout the lesson. I think this would be very beneficial for those students that do not like to raise their hand or admit to their peers that they don't understand or are confused. I wish the students in my second grade class would ask more questions and tell me that they don't understand so I could explain the content in a different way. I think they prefer not to though because they don't want their peers to see them as weak or dumb. There would defiantly have to be rules and expectations in place for this to become a reality in the classroom because the issue of students texting their friends and not the teacher to ask question would arise, but I think this is something that could be used in the future. Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment