Friday, December 10, 2010

What I have learned...

This is my last required blog for my CEP class, but it defiantly will not be my last blog I will write. I have taken so much away from this class and can't wait to continue to explore what other types of technology are out there! An important thing I have learned from this class is that there are endless possibilities to use technology in the classroom. Before taking this class I thought using technology in the classroom meant using computers, projectors, ELMO's and SmartBoards, but nothing beyond that. Technology is more than the equipment that could be found in your classroom. It's more about the different programs and ways of communicating between people. This semester we were able to explore a different type of technology every week and from reading other people's blogs and doing some exploring on the Internet that there are thousands of ways to bring technology into the classroom. But it's not just knowing about these technologies that's important, you need to implement them! Bringing technology into the classroom will make lessons and what I'm teaching more engaging for my students. Technology is the future of schools and classrooms and that is something that we as teachers need to embrace and use in the classroom since students are going to be using technology in many aspects of their life. I want to learn even more about how I can integrate technology into my classroom and how to show other educators and administrators how important it is to use technology in the classroom. I plan on continuing to keep up with my blogging, expanding my portfolio and keeping up with other teachers and colleagues blogs. It's important to keep up with technology that is being invented every day because it is really going to influence how we teach in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment